The Nigerian captor Samuel Udoetuk Wills who is being held over the alleged kidnapping of three young ladies in the Sekondi-Takoradi Metropolis was not taken to court today January 28, 2019 as was expected at the Takoradi Magistrate Court in the western region.
State Prosecutor Insp. Bernard P. Arhinsah told the court that the suspect had been escorted to the police headquarters in Accra for further interrogations.
He could not however confirm the exact time the suspect would be brought back to Takoradi to continue trial.
Spice Fm reporter Benjamin Bray, who was in court earlier this morning said the families of victims were disappointed about the development because they were not informed.
“It hasn’t been easy since our wards were kidnapped some months ago but with positive thoughts, we believe the police will surely trace the whereabouts of our wards”, one of the family members said.
The Sekondi-Takoradi Mayor Hon K. K Sam, Hon Lawyer Kojo Kum- MP for Ahanta West constituency and Hon. Joe Mensah – MP for Kwesimintsim constituency were all at the Takoradi Magistrate Court to offer the family support.
Samuel Udoetuk Wills is currently facing charges of breaking lawful custody after he broke jail at the Takoradi Central police station. He was re-arrested in his hide-out in a suburb of the Twin-City and may face further charges of kidnapping some young ladies in the metropolis.
By: Apt News Desk
Joe Bright Nyarko
Journalist/Communication Researcher. Environment & Sustainability Advocate. Managing Editor of aptnewsghana.com, a non-profit news portal with bias towards environment and sustainability issues, rural development policies and gender & inequality.