I don’t think I had good sex until the end of my 20s.
In my early 20s, I ranted and raved about how ~AMAZING~ my sex life was. I had a ton of it, I talked endlessly about it to my friends and I felt, like, so sexually liberated, baby.
In all fairness, I’m pretty sure I did truly think my sex life was amazing.
But what I realize now is, I didn’t even know what amazing sex was. I was confusing the high of turning someone else on for the high of amazing sex.
And while getting someone hot and bothered is definitely sexy, amazing sex is far more nuanced than simply turning your partner on.
There was a dramatic shift in my sex life when I reached the nether regions of my 20s, and I soon realized there were rules you needed to live by if you wanted to have an amazing sex life.
Maybe you’re like me, and you have a visceral reaction to the word “rules.” Perhaps it brings back memories of sitting in a steel chair after school in detention.
But, babes, the rules I’m about to bestow on you are not the kind of oppressive rules you had in high school or at your soul-crushing job.
I’m going to give you what my therapist calls a “reparative” experience with rules. These rules are positive rules that are going to make your sex life amazing — rules I learned the hard way. (I find everything out the hard way.)
1. Sex is never an obligation.
I know this sounds obvious, but do you know how much sexual obligation I felt when I was super young?
If the dinner was expensive, I felt obligated to fuck her. If she was super kind and liked me a lot, I felt obligated to fuck her.
I had sex out of guilt, I had sex to be “nice” and I had sex because it just seemed like something people did.
“I had sex out of guilt, to be ‘nice’ and because it just seemed like something people did.”
Anytime I felt obligated to have sex, it royally sucked. You just go through the motions. Your brain is somewhere, while your body is somewhere else. Everything is disconnected.
If you want to have amazing sex it should only come from the fact that you feel like having sex — that’s it.
2. Let go of being perfectly groomed all the time.
Some of the best sex I’ve ever had has been the most spontaneous sex I’ve ever had: being pulled into a bathroom stall by the girl I’m hooking up with on an impromptu night out or wildly going at it on the kitchen table in the middle of the day.
All of this sex was unplanned, so it had an added element of surprise — a layer of thrill and impulsivity.
But I was never prepared in these moments. And by prepared, I mean groomed.
I had not shaved my legs (or other body parts) that day. I wasn’t wearing my sexiest pair of underwear. My hair was a wreck, and I wasn’t wearing makeup or splashed with a hearty dose of perfume.
As I got older, I realized you have to let perfection go. If you say no to new experiences (sexual experiences especially) because you’re not “perfect,” you’re going to miss out on a lot of memorable adventures that make life worth living.
3. Masturbate as much as possible.
Every sexpert on the internet will feed the same jargon: “You can’t expect someone else to make you feel good until you make yourself feel good.”
I hate to say it, but those smug bitches with their smug master’s degrees in human sexuality are right.
The more you get it on with yourself, the better sexual communicator you’ll be, and mind-blowing sex is all about being able to fearlessly communicate.
Which leads me to my next rule…
Never be afraid to describe to your partner — in ultra-specific detail — what feels good.
“Never be afraid to describe to your partner — in ultra-specific detail — what feels good.”
Even the most sexually advanced people in the world aren’t going to know intrinsically what specific spot makes your body tick. (And when they do, they’re usually toxic people. I don’t know why the universe is just unfair like that.)
5. Fantasize, fantasize, fantasize.
When you give yourself time to fantasize, you’re giving your imagination some much-needed restorative playtime. The imagination discovers brilliant new things when it’s untethered and running wild.
“The imagination discovers brilliant new things when it’s untethered and running wild.”
And when you let yourself fantasize, you’ll tap into all the ~unexpected~ things that really get you off, girl.
6. Let go of any shame you feel surrounding sex.
It’s hard to be female and not be ashamed of your sexuality. We’re raised to feel like sex is something we only do to please others. And if we enjoy sex, we’re dirty sluts.
But you know what? Maybe we are dirty sluts, but who says being a dirty slut is a negative thing?
If being a dirty slut means I’m a woman who fantasizes freely, has incredible sex whenever she wants and doesn’t attach her self-worth to how many (or how few) people she’s slept with, then I’m happy and proud to be a dirty slut!
“I’m happy and proud to be a dirty slut.”
So let go of the shame, girl. The only reason society has pressured you into feeling ashamed for being sexual is because of how unbelievably powerful your sexuality is.
Just because society is afraid of your powerful sexual prowess, doesn’t mean you have to be. Own it. Rock it. Express it. Once you unleash the deeply sexual part of yourself, you become more powerful in every other part of your life.
And trust me, no one fucks with girls who own their sexuality.
I don’t think I had good sex until the end of my 20s.
Publish on Apt
Do you have any Social, informational, educational or entertaining stuff that should be featured on www.aptnewsghana.com?
Please submit your stories, pictures, and videos to us via WhatsApp: +233548388489 or click on the icon on your screen. Alternatively, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pulse & Sportal Media Group launch Pan-African technology collaboration on sports content August 6, 2020Download logoThe integration of Sportal365 on Pulse (https://Pulse.Africa/) will provide sports fans with interactive content tools like results and statistics - and make it possible for advertisers to better engage with the users. Stilian Shishkov, Founder and CEO of Sportal commented on the launch: “Africa is a very important milestone for us and a great opportunity […]
- WHO Africa Online Press Briefing on COVID19 August 6, 2020[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djLSwe5mIZ8&w=854&h=480]Watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/embed/djLSwe5mIZ8Distributed by APO Group on behalf of WHO Regional Office for Africa.Media filesDownload logo
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for new DTH platform in Ethiopia and the Middle East August 6, 2020Download logoMulti-year contract leveraging Eutelsat 8 West B’s dedicated coverage of Ethiopia; Confirming the dynamism of the Ethiopian broadcast landscape. Eutelsat Communications (Euronext Paris: ETL) (www.Eutelsat.com) and Strong Roots Ethiopia Broadcasting Service PLC have concluded a Master Service Agreement for a Ku capacity on a 36 MHz transponder on Eutelsat’s EUTELSAT 8 West B satellite. […]
- Coronavirus - Zambia: Daily COVID-19 update 5th August 2020 August 5, 2020in the last 24hrs, Zambia recorded 229 new confirmed cases out of 1,112 tests. Three new deaths were recorded, 2 from Lusaka (both facility deaths) and 1 community death from Itezhi-tezhi (MTSRIP). Cumulative cases: 7022 Total recoveries: 5667 COVID-19 deaths: 59 COVID-19 associated deaths: 116 Active cases: 1179Distributed by APO Group on behalf of Ministry […]
- Coronavirus - Gambia: Daily Case Update as of 4th August 2020 August 5, 2020Active cases: 662 New cases: 128 New tests: 324 Total confirmed: 799 Recovered: 115 Deaths: 16Distributed by APO Group on behalf of Ministry of Health, The Gambia.Media filesDownload logo
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (5th August 2020) August 5, 2020Download logoCS Mutahi Confirms; 6,200 samples tested in the past 24 hours 671 new positive cases 329,123 samples tested so far Total confirmed cases stand at 23,873 603 r ecoveries today Discharge & recoveries stands at 9,930 3 fatalities today Total fatalities 391Distributed by APO Group on behalf of Ministry of Health, Kenya.
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 reported cases in Ethiopia (5th August 2020) August 5, 2020Daily Laboratory test: 7319 Severe cases: 185 New recovered: 358 New deaths: 13 New cases: 459 Total Laboratory test: 459,746 Active cases: 11,380 Total recovered: 8598 Total deaths: 356 Total cases: 20,336Distributed by APO Group on behalf of Ministry of Health, Ethiopia.Media filesDownload logo
- COVID-19 Situation Report for Nigeria (4 August 2020) August 5, 2020The COVID19Nigeria situation report for 4th August, 2020 has been published. Download: https://bit.ly/33vBjnm Our daily reports provide a summary of the epidemiological situation & response activities in Nigeria. Today's report includes a breakdown of testing done by states. Distributed by APO Group on behalf of Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).Media filesDownload logo
- Coronavirus - Eswatini: Minister of Health Lizzie Nkosi announces four new COVID-19 deaths in Eswatini August 5, 2020Download logoMinister of Health Lizzie Nkosi announces four new COVID-19 deaths in Eswatini, taking the total number of COVID19 deaths to 53. "May their souls rest in peace." New cases: 53 Total cases: 2909 New recoveries: 127 Total recoveries: 1385 New deaths: 4 Total deaths: 53 Distributed by APO Group on behalf of Government […]
- Coronavirus - Africa: The European Investment Bank (EIB) and Afreximbank direct EUR 300m of support to African COVID response August 5, 2020Download logoAccelerated EIB financing under Team Europe initiative; Over 25% of funds dedicated to women in business and climate action; Pan-African rapid response to alleviate COVID-19 impact and support climate action; Scheme to support trade and ensure medical supplies continue. The European Investment Bank (EIB), the lending arm of the European Union, and the African […]