Families of the three kidnapped girls in the Western Region have threatened to embark on a second street protest in the Sekondi Takoradi Metropolis over their missing daughters.
Priscilla Blessing Bentum, 21, Ruth Love Quayson, 18, and Priscilla Mintabiah-Korankyie, 15, were allegedly kidnapped last year and have since not been found.
With the backing and participation of traditional authorities and residents of Diabena and Kansawurodo, the demonstration dubbed “boot 4 boot” and “all-die-be-die” is imminent, should the state fail to rescue their daughters before Monday.
Queen mother of Diabena Nana Aba Essoun has told the media they are running out of patience.
At a press conference held on Thursday, the communities said previous assurances by the police to find the kidnapped girls have proven empty.
Spokesperson for the two communities, Michael Grant Hayford said they wouldn’t need any protection from any security agency for the intended demonstration.
The communities are accusing the police of feet dragging on the issue and called on the President, Nana Addo Danquah Akuffo-Addo to intervene to avert the intended demonstration; the 2nd to hit the metropolis over the wave of kidnappings and the lackadaisical response by the police administration.
According to them the police would have prioritized the investigation if those affected by the kidnapping were members of the government or state officials.
Meanwhile, Deputy Director General of CID, ACP George Tweneboah says the prime suspect, Samuel Udoetuk Wills , who is remanded in police custody, has mentioned one John Nweke, as the person keeping the missing girls.
Mr. Tweneboah made this known at a press conference by the police administration to update the public on recent security concerns in the country.
By: Apt News Desk