Police in the Eastern Region on Saturday dawn arrested 15 suspects in connection with the three young ladies reported kidnapped in Takoradi last year.
The 15 suspects were arrested in Nuaso in Odumase in a swoop.
Odumasi Police Commander, ASP Harry Selormey, told Joy News the raid was done in collaboration with police from Takoradi.
He said a team of personnel from the Western Regional capital, where the young ladies had gone missing, initiated the operation with relevant intelligence on where the suspects could be picked up.
ACP Serlomey said all the Odumase police did was to assist to make the operation successful.
The 15 suspects whose identities are yet to be known, have since been sent to the Police Headquarters in Accra as investigations continue.
A key suspect in the case of the missing young ladies, a Nigerian by name Samuel Wilis, has been held in Takoradi.
Police say Wilis spearheaded the kidnapping of the three young ladies. They were kidnapped on August 17, 2018, but public outcry over the incident only intensified this month.
“Before his [the accused] arrest what actually happened was that there was a catalogue of calls between the accused person and victim(s) which were analysed and the police established a connection of the accused person to the three kidnap cases,” police commander in Western Ghana, Redeemer Vincent Dedjoe told reporters.
Wilis is said to be uncooperative with security officials in disclosing the whereabouts of his alleged victims.